I was a camp counselor in my youth, and another counselor was barbecuing one of those. It smelled absolutely ghastly, so I was sooo relieved when it was accidentally burned and none of us was forced to eat the thing. Nas's's's's's's's's's's's's's's's's's'sty!

Karen

At 10:52 PM 8/20/2020, you wrote:
They say that rattlesnake also tastes like fried chicken?

On 8/20/2020 9:40 PM, Immigrant via Cookinginthedark wrote:
I had tried rabbit once, and I liked it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org> On Behalf Of
Karen Delzer via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2020 11:06 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Karen Delzer <catwa...@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [CnD] Yesterday's nostalgic lunch

I remember when I was a child, my grandmother and my aunt used to make the
best rabbit you could ever imagined. I mean, it was even better than fried
chicken, and I am really picky. Their rabbit was waaaaay above anything
else. I don't know how they did it, but they did. I've heard since then,
that rabbit is not an easy thing to prepare because it can be quite tough if
done incorrectly. Guess those ladies had a gift. Sure miss them.

Karen