Dear Gordon,

Thank you for raising this, I noticed it is also being discussed on other
community lists, for instance in IETF.

RIPE NCC is not a member of ETSI, which means that at the moment we have no
more information than what is in the press release and the article on the
website. From that it appears to be addressing concerns which are similar to
those that are given as the rationale for New IP. At the same time it appears
that this work would be more focussed and limited in scope to the mobile
networks.

Happy to learn if anybody in the community has more details on this proposal
and the associated standardisation work.

Best,

Marco Hogewoning
External Relations, RIPE NCC