Dear Qing Chen,

Woops, sorry - the documentation is out of date - I'll fix it shortly. The copy chain makes exact copies of the master chain (with the NCS transformation applied obviously).

Which means of course, mutations, deletions, insertions will be applied too.

I have added a NCS copy chain function to Extensions as of revision 1327. That should help.

Paul.

Qing Chen wrote:
Hello Paul,

Yes, I did some model building using Coot only of chain A. I checked the link, it is saying: Note that you can currently only apply NCS edits to residues that exist in the "other" chains. If for example, you had introduced/added residues 1 to 5 in the "A" chain and wanted to copies those over to the other molecules, then that would not work (88) <http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/%7Eemsley/coot/doc/chapters/user-manual_fot.html#FOOT88>.

Since I did renumbering, adding ,deleting residues to chain A, so seems it wouldnot work by apply NCS. Now I would like to run refmac5, so I need a complete model, right? I am a rather beginner, is there any better ways to rebuild in my case(4 molecules in one assymetry unit).
thanks