Donnie Berkholz wrote:
As you no doubt know, it creates a lot of confusion and is generally poor usability to have two things that appear almost identical but aren't. Is there some way to make it more obvious (visually, etc) that the toolbar is different from the M/F/R window?

Yes, we are thinking about this. I've answered the same question at least 3 times (and Paul and Bernhard probably more). That's a pretty robust indicator that the design is not right.

(Of course, changing things always creates confusion, even if the change is clearly right, but IMO the level of confusion here goes beyond that.)