First: good.

Second: a technical note: recently I discovered that many (most?) consumer graphics cards do not support GL_LINES [1] for line widths other than 1 pixel - they simulate them using OpenGL quads (quadrilaterals), so it is not completely surprising that somehow the simulation was messed up. In future, I will probably move Coot to using quads directly to bypass the simulation - it may speed things up...

Paul.

[1] which is what Coot uses to represent most things.

Petra Lukacik wrote:
Hello All,
I just wanted to follow up the "Dashed Lines" thread
I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) and I reinstalled the fglrx video card driver (xorg-driver-fglrx). I don't know what exactly did the trick but I no longer have the "dashed lines" problem. Oh and I am currently using coot-Linux-i686-ubuntu-8.04.1-gtk1 from binary.
Victory is mine!
Petra