Le 4 févr. 2010 à 04:37, Norman Zhu a écrit :

> hello there
>
>       I am in the process of refining a protein structure complexed to DNA
> promoter site.  I ran into difficulty as i try to move a few bases into
> patch of electron density that is obviously meant for them.  dragging the
> bases with real space refine zone and/or regularize zone neither break open
> the phosphate back bone bounds or turn everything into knots.
>       I know there is nothing wrong with the naming convention of my bases
> since I changed them from DT to Td after similar blog.
>      Any suggestion on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Norm

Hi Norm,

Depending on the resolution of your data you may need to turn down the matrix
weight in refinement parameters. I tipically put this down to 30 (compared to
the default value of 60) and for really lower resolution (say 3 or worse) I may
go as down as 20.

HTH,

-- Miguel

Architecture et Fonction des Macromolécules Biologiques (UMR6098)
CNRS, Universités d'Aix-Marseille I & II
Case 932, 163 Avenue de Luminy, 13288 Marseille cedex 9, France
Tel: +33(0) 491 82 55 93
Fax: +33(0) 491 26 67 20
e-mail: miguel.ortiz-lombar...@afmb.univ-mrs.fr
Web: http://www.pangea.org/mol/spip.php?rubrique2