On 04/05/11 12:21, Phil Evans wrote:
I've just acquired a new MacBookPro and cloned everything from my old one
across to it, running the same 10.6.7 system

When I try to run coot I get a Python error, see below, both on the version
copied across from where it worked, and also from the latest build from Bill
Scott

any ideas?

Phil

... snip
sbase monomer dir: /usr/local/CCP4versions/ccp4-6.2.0/share/sbase
Reading coordinate file: /Library/Coot/share/coot/standard-residues.pdb
  PDB file /Library/Coot/share/coot/standard-residues.pdb has been read.
Spacegroup: P 1
Cell: 40.631 109.18 93.243 90 90 90
initalize graphics molecules...done.
(filter-fileselection-filenames-state)
(get-active-map-drag-flag)
ImportError: Bad magic number in
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site.pyc

/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/*.pyc

perhaps.