Dear Phil, Paul, Ben, Bernhard et al:

Sorry to arrive 8 hours late to the party, but first my apologies to Phil.  I
thought I had fixed this problem by excising from the coot wrapper script the
path in /System/Library, i.e.,

export
PYTHONPATH=/Library/Coot/lib/python2.7/site-packages:/Library/Coot/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0:/Library/Coot/share/coot/python:$PYTHONPATH

So my guess is you have $PYTHONPATH or else my fix somehow doesn't work.

The reason this is problematic is ultimately because coot is using python 2.7
libraries (included).  (Old whine, new bottle.)

Anyway, it would be good to find which is the source of the problem.  I think I
need to add to PYTHONPATH to keep phenix happy, but if the user has set
$PYTHONPATH, then what is in the wrapper script becomes fragile.

Any feedback will help me make this better.

Thanks.

Bill