Hi,

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 10:00:55AM -0700, Abhinav Kumar wrote:
> Nomenclature issues do not have anything to do with refinement; most
> refinement programs including phenix and refmac do not look at them.
> Neither does MolProbity.
> All it means is that you should swap atom names: OD1 <-> OD2 in case
> of ASP, OE1 <- > OE2 for GLU, C[DE]1 <-> C[DE]2 for Tyr and Phe.

Which I guess you should only do if you have no NCS ... or swap all
instances of the residue in question.

For NCS to work properly, atom name matching need to follow the
NCS-relation.

Often those ''nomenclature errors' should be left alone ... to avoid
surprises where the distance between the ligand and ASP-123-OE1 is
suddenly 4.5A in chain C when it is 2.8A in chain A ... clearly
showing a 'highly isgnificant intermediate state of bla bla bla bla'
;-)

Cheers

Clemens

*