Dear Coot experts,

I'm working on a peptide with an N-methyled amino acid in the middle.
How can I connect this residue to previous/next residues?

To simplify the problem, first I changed the residue to MVA (N-methyled-L-VAL),
because its library file (MVA.cif) exists in $CCP4/lib/data/monomers/,
in which it is defined as M-peptide as below.

data_comp_list
loop_
_chem_comp.id
_chem_comp.three_letter_code
_chem_comp.name
_chem_comp.group
_chem_comp.number_atoms_all
_chem_comp.number_atoms_nh
_chem_comp.desc_level
MVA      MVA 'N-METHYLVALINE                      ' M-peptide          21   9 .
#

I prepared coordinates of the residue and make Coot read the MVA.cif file,
then "refine zone" around the residue MVA, but MVA won't connect to
neither previous/next residues.

Doesn't coot recognize the M-peptide as with L/D-peptide?
How can I define the connectivity between a special residue and
standard amino acids?

Thank you in advance.

Takaaki Fukami

-----
Discovery Research Dept. (Biostructure Gr.)
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd.