On 02/10/2012 09:50 PM, Bernhard Rupp (Hofkristallrat a.D.) wrote:
Hi  Fellows,

following Kay's idea, I unpacked
coot-0.6.2-binary-Linux-x86_64-centos-5-python-gtk2.tar.gz:

./bin/coot-real: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.6: cannot open

ok, I yum it to be safe, find it in

yum gave you a (useless) 32bit library.

So my advice (at bottom of email) was only half of the solution, and it didn't even apply to you. Sorry for that! The solution for the above problem would have been to symlink the existing /usr/lib64/libssl.so into coot's lib directory.

/usr/lib/libssl.so.6
and export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib

modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH leads to all kinds of problems since essentially from now on the loader does not find the 64bit libs any more!

Now the vengeance of the ELF (soon coming to a workstation near you) is
unleashed upon me:

./bin/coot-real: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.6: wrong ELF
class: ELFCLASS32
coot-exe: "./bin/coot-real"

Maybe I need the CLASS of 64 for my elf reunion?

the elves would tell you to
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=""

I guess I better let the pro's deal with this and wait for a new binary.

see http://strucbio.biologie.uni-konstanz.de/ccp4wiki/index.php/Coot#Example:_installing_a_64bit_nightly_CentOS5_binary_build_on_64bit_SL6.1

HTH,

Kay

Anyhow, thanks for all the tips. Cheers, BR

PS: current rhel build version
coot-0.6.2-binary-Linux-x86_64-rhel-4-gtk2.tar.gz
./bin/coot-real: error while loading shared libraries: libldap-2.2.so.7: cannot
Yum:
No package libldap-2.2.so.7 available.

PPS: latest (32 bit?) prebuild
coot-0.7-pre-1-revision-3999-binary-Linux-i386-rhel-5-python-gtk2.tar.gz
After a lot of yumming
Coot actually starts, but I get a lengthy error log and a version of the
previously reported problem with the icon SVGs (sidebar mostly empty)

PPPS:
coot-0.7-pre-1-revision-3999-binary-Linux-x86_64-rhel-4-python-gtk2.tar.gz
same as above with coot-0.6.2-binary-Linux-x86_64-rhel-4-gtk2.tar.gz

PPPPS: definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting
a different outcome.