Excuse me if I'm wrong but should't the correlation coefficient between Fo and Fc (which is what the Density Fit analysis is looking at) be independent of this issue, provided Fo and Fc are on the same scale ? And since the map is calculated from weighted 2Fo-Fc amplitudes and phases the scaling problem should not occur.

What seems to happen is that Coot doesn't even "look" at the map - it immediately displays a collection of red bars. And to confuse the issue even more, I have data from another structure refined with PHENIX that works fine!