Hi Bill!

Don't apologize! You are doing a world of service for the community! I am
running the latest and running the Maverick. One thing I found out - if I open
Coot through CCP4, from Phenix or directly from an xwindow, the coot window
appears but is white and if you read in anything, nothing shows up. If you then
"drag" the window, it leaves behind "footprints". If, however, I leave this
original Coot window open and start a second Coot session using any of the
three methods, i.e. started from within ccp4i, started from within Phenix or
started from an xwindow using /usr/local/bin/coot, this second session works
fine - black background, can see maps and coordinates, ...

Does that help in diagnosing? It must be something I am doing on my MacBook Pro
running 10.9.1 and XQuartz 2.7.5.

Joe
Joseph P. Noel, Ph.D.
Arthur and Julie Woodrow Chair
Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Professor, The Jack H. Skirball Center for Chemical Biology and Proteomics
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies
10010 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, CA  92037 USA

Phone: (858) 453-4100 extension 1442
Cell: (858) 349-4700