Hi all,

I’m new to this list, but since there are also Coot users here, I think it is
important to add to this topic that there are several issues with external,
non-Apple displays in OS X 10.9, some of them simply won’t work. Some others —
like my previous one — will require several plug/unplug cycles with some
frightening sparks to connect, or get to lower resolution, or other kinds of
trouble.

(One example is this trend:
http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/106765/10-9-external-monitor-not-recognised-after-monitor-sleeps
 )

So if you use a second monitor and you’re thinking about upgrading to 10.9, be
aware of that risk. I couldn’t find a list of “safe” brands of displays, I'm
just lucky that the other one in the lab works.

Carlos