On 28/03/14 15:27, Oliver Clarke wrote:
Hi all,

Is it possible to access from the scripting interface the symmetry info in the
atom_info_text string displayed when a user clicks on an atom?

I would like to write a little function that creates a new copy of whatever
symmetry molecule the user has clicked on. This would be useful for quickly
generating a pdb to make packing figures, or picking a new asymmetric unit, etc
(at the moment I do this using save symmetry coordinates, but this is a little
slow when making a lattice of many molecules).

At the moment, active_residue() returns the nearest residue in the original
molecule, which is probably as it should be, but the symm ops and shifts are
displayed in the status bar, so coot clearly “knows about” the symmetry status
of the centered atom… Would it be possible to make these callable from a
script, e.g. by passing them via user_defined_click()?

Hi Oliver,

This is not available at the moment (I'd like to add it).

I wonder if a combination of copying the model and "Symm Shift Reference Chain Here" would be a work-around.