Is this a machine running integrated Intel graphics on Linux? I think that
issue was recently discussed, and is a problem with the graphics driver.
The simplest solution for a desktop would be to install a cheap Nvidia
graphics card and the proprietary driver. My Linux boxes work great with
any GeForce card. Laptops may have no good solutions.

Roger Rowlett