Hi all,

I (foolishly?) upgraded Ubuntu today to the latest LTS version, 14.04, and this
appears to have had some negative effects on coot. I’m running Coot 0.8-pre
r5031.

Submenus that allow one to choose a model from within the menu (e.g. the “Draw
Sequence View” menu, or most menus in the Validation menu), are now completely
absent. They were a little flaky under Ubuntu 13.10 (you had to click the menu
and then dismiss it before the molecule list would populate), but they are now
completely gone and will not return no matter what I do. Thoughts/suggestions?
I suspect it is a unity problem, so will try switching to gnome and seeing if
that fixes the issue.

Best,
Oliver.