On čtvrtek 8. června 2023 21:37:09 CEST Ondřej Budai wrote:
> RPM Sequoia's crypto policies can be configured, so you should be able to
> re-enable SHA-1. However, this would be a global change, not only for
> EL6... See
> https://docs.rs/sequoia-policy-config/latest/sequoia_policy_config/#hash-functions
>
> Cheers,
> Ondřej

Thank you very much for the reference, Odřej!

I'm not strongly against anything; but rather than weaker policy for
everything I slightly prefer keeping the _stricter default policy_ with
_disabled gpgcheck for EL6_ (we should phase epel-6 out entirely anyway
since it's long time EOL, but we still keep it for the distro upgrade
team(s)).  This is up to the community to decide, let us know in our
issue tracker if you are concerned.

Pavel