On 04/11/2011 13:08, Seán Coffey wrote:
ok,

so updated webrev at : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coffeys/webrev.7105952.2/

some minor modifications :

* "closed" variable made private
* hg mv instead of rm/add for testcase
* testcase padded up some more.
* comments changed to block style format in FileDescriptor.
* some extra comments added to FileDescriptor to help read code

I'll leave the javadoc changes for another bugID/CCC request.
I agree that clarification to the javadoc should be separate.

Overall I'm happy with the approach. As I mentioned in one of the mails, it would be great to avoid duplicating code between the two FileDescriptor implementations but I appreciate you are focused on this specific issue at this time.

On the suppressed exceptions then it's as before: if the release's close method fails then it will have at most one suppressed exception which may, in turn, have zero or more suppressed exceptions. This isn't a scenario that the tests exercise (and probably can't test either). This may be something we might want to clean-up sometime.

-Alan