webrev:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dholmes/7092140/webrev/

inlined:

*** 146,156 ****
          final String classToCheckForLeaks = Job.classToCheckForLeaks();
          final String uniqueID =
              String.valueOf(new Random().nextInt(Integer.MAX_VALUE));

          final String[] jobCmd = {
!             java, "-Xmx8m",
              "-classpath", System.getProperty("test.classes", "."),
              childClassName, uniqueID
          };
          final Process p = new ProcessBuilder(jobCmd).start();

--- 146,156 ----
          final String classToCheckForLeaks = Job.classToCheckForLeaks();
          final String uniqueID =
              String.valueOf(new Random().nextInt(Integer.MAX_VALUE));

          final String[] jobCmd = {
!             java, "-Xmx8m", "-XX:+UsePerfData",
              "-classpath", System.getProperty("test.classes", "."),
              childClassName, uniqueID
          };
          final Process p = new ProcessBuilder(jobCmd).start();

Trivial fix to add -XX:+UsePerfData on the exec of the VM being checked for leaks.

Chris: I've discussed this one with Doug and as we're adding a hotspot specific flag here we don't plan to sync this up with Doug's cvs. As Doug put it:

"I think that source divergence is a small price to pay for getting
rid of this issue, so feel free. "

Thanks,
David