I ok with this as is.

I wonder if we should added a note about the divergence, just for future maintenance and re-syncs?

-Chris.

On 07/03/2012 06:55, David Holmes wrote:
webrev:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dholmes/7092140/webrev/

inlined:

*** 146,156 ****
final String classToCheckForLeaks = Job.classToCheckForLeaks();
final String uniqueID =
String.valueOf(new Random().nextInt(Integer.MAX_VALUE));

final String[] jobCmd = {
! java, "-Xmx8m",
"-classpath", System.getProperty("test.classes", "."),
childClassName, uniqueID
};
final Process p = new ProcessBuilder(jobCmd).start();

--- 146,156 ----
final String classToCheckForLeaks = Job.classToCheckForLeaks();
final String uniqueID =
String.valueOf(new Random().nextInt(Integer.MAX_VALUE));

final String[] jobCmd = {
! java, "-Xmx8m", "-XX:+UsePerfData",
"-classpath", System.getProperty("test.classes", "."),
childClassName, uniqueID
};
final Process p = new ProcessBuilder(jobCmd).start();

Trivial fix to add -XX:+UsePerfData on the exec of the VM being checked
for leaks.

Chris: I've discussed this one with Doug and as we're adding a hotspot
specific flag here we don't plan to sync this up with Doug's cvs. As
Doug put it:

"I think that source divergence is a small price to pay for getting
rid of this issue, so feel free. "

Thanks,
David