I think pushing what we have now and doing the cleanup after to get the RMI test changes in is the best approach.

Darryl

On 07/10/2012 01:52 PM, Stuart Marks wrote:
On 7/9/12 11:56 PM, Olivier Lagneau wrote:
Le 10/07/2012 08:49, Olivier Lagneau a écrit :
Now in the 7161503 SetChilEnv case:

I think we should just revert to the existing code regarding the
DebugExecWatcher and related exception cleanup fix.
We must then accept to keep this exception raised each time runwith() is
called, since this is the current state of the code.
We should also then include in bug description a note stating the problem and
how we can fix it.
Such a fix would then be part of recent 7168267.

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for taking time from your vacation to answer this.

I'm sure I don't have all the background on this (and I don't really need to know everything) but from what I recall from talking to Darryl, 7142596 introduced a test failure that would have to go onto the problem list; and then 7161503 would fix the failure and then remove it from the problem list.

Instead of fixing these separately we (at least Darryl and I) thought it would be best to merge them together.

Now, I had pointed out some issues with the changes to the SetChildEnv test. My main concern is that we don't push the changes as-is and then declare things to be done. If there's further discussion, design, or cleanup to be done, great, we can push the current changes and continue working on a followup changeset. If there's a bugid to track this (probably 7161503) so much the better.

If you and Darryl agree to proceed differently, though, I'm fine with that too.

s'marks