On 19/12/2012 3:49 AM, Tom Hawtin wrote:
Not that it's particularly important, but it's /possible/ clients are
relying on the non-compile time constant nature of this field causing it
not to be inlined into client class files, rather than the ability to
switch the version string. So it may be a good idea to add the final,
but make it a non-compile time constant. We can also remove the
duplication.

I think that is an excellent point Tom. We should avoid turning the static field into a compile-time constant.

And get rid of the unnecessary fImmutableVersion which everyone keeps overlooking.

David

public static final String fVersion = getVersion();

Tom