On 12/18/2012 7:08 PM, David Holmes wrote:
On 19/12/2012 12:21 PM, Joe Wang wrote:
On 12/18/2012 3:43 PM, David Holmes wrote:
On 19/12/2012 3:49 AM, Tom Hawtin wrote:
Not that it's particularly important, but it's /possible/ clients are
relying on the non-compile time constant nature of this field causing it
not to be inlined into client class files, rather than the ability to
switch the version string. So it may be a good idea to add the final,
but make it a non-compile time constant. We can also remove the
duplication.

I think that is an excellent point Tom. We should avoid turning the
static field into a compile-time constant.

And get rid of the unnecessary fImmutableVersion which everyone keeps
overlooking.

With the following change, at least there's no duplicate literal version
strings anymore. Or did you mean we should get rid of
fImmutableVersionand have getVresion return a liberal string?

I did mean to get rid of the fImmutableVersion field. But it's no big deal.

Ok, thanks.

Joe

David

Joe

David

public static final String fVersion = getVersion();

Tom