On 19/12/2012 8:40 AM, Louis Wasserman wrote:
It's not 100% obvious to me whether this refers to a default implementation
in an interface, a class which inherits that default implementation and
does not override it, or both.  Is that worth clarifying in the doc, rather
than forcing readers to check the JLS citation?

The issue is where you obtained this Method reference from:

- from the Interface? then it is a default method
- from a class implementing the interface but not redefining the method? then it is a default method - from a class implementing the interface and redefining the method? then it is NOT a default method.

David
-----