On 01/10/2013 04:48 PM, Doug Lea wrote:
On 01/10/13 11:40, Chris Hegarty wrote:
Doug, Aleksey,

I updated the appropriate methods in the Atomic classes to use the
instinsics
defined by 7023898 , Unsafe getAndAddInt, getAndSetInt, getAndAddLong,
getAndSetLong, getAndSetObject.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/8006007/webrev.00/webrev/

This patch also includes some trivial cleanup and consistent style CAS
loop from
Dougs CVS, but excludes the new lambda versions of
get/updateAndUpdate/Get and
get/accumulateAndAccumulate/Get. These new methods are not impacted by
the
intrinsis. I will immediately follow these changes with a request to
add these
new methods, I just don't want to tie this update to a spec change
request.

All OK by me. Too bad that you must make two webrevs for this.

That's ok, at least these changes will hit tl later today. I'll prepare the request for the new methods now.

-Chris.

-Doug