Ooooooh.... this change goes beyond my review capability!!! I thought we were just eliminating the indirection of ThreadLocal, anyway...

As a basic review I don't see anything obviously wrong, and I don't have a problem with adding the fields to j.l.Thread, but I'm not in a position to review in detail the algorithm used.

Alan, did mention that he may be in a better position to do a detailed review. I can also sponsor this change.

-Chris.