On 14/01/2013 18:20, Chris Hegarty wrote:
Ooooooh.... this change goes beyond my review capability!!! I thought we were just eliminating the indirection of ThreadLocal, anyway...

As a basic review I don't see anything obviously wrong, and I don't have a problem with adding the fields to j.l.Thread, but I'm not in a position to review in detail the algorithm used.

Alan, did mention that he may be in a better position to do a detailed review. I can also sponsor this change.
I looked at the changes and they look good to me. The additional fields of java.lang.Thread shouldn't be an issue.

The other thing I notice is that the serialized form of the original ThreadLocalRandom included the padding fields, I guess they should have been transient in the original implementation.

-Alan.