On 01/29/13 03:04, Martin Buchholz wrote:

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Doug Lea <d...@cs.oswego.edu
<mailto:d...@cs.oswego.edu>> wrote:

    I also noticed that I had failed to include the simple
    toString-based informal debug/monitoring aids that we've
    been doing for synchronizers.

Which suggests looking for other missing methods by comparing lock-like classes.
Looking at the implementation of toString and comparing with RRWL suggests

+
+    /**
+     * Queries the number of read locks held for this lock. This
+     * method is designed for use in monitoring system state, not for
+     * synchronization control.
+     * @return the number of read locks held
+     */
+    public int getReadLockCount() {

Yes, thanks. This also falls under the heading of never tempting
people to parse toString() output because they don't see a
corresponding method. I added it, with a few file rearrangements
to keep the status methods all together.