On 3/28/2013 1:54 AM, John Rose wrote:
On Mar 27, 2013, at 10:35 AM, Mandy Chung <mandy.ch...@oracle.com> wrote:

1. I am working on a fix for 8007035 that proposes to deprecate
SecurityManager.checkMemberAccess method as it requires the caller’s frame to
be at a stack depth of four, which is fragile and difficult to enforce.
Where you test c=smgr.getClass(), c == SecurityManager.class you should also add
|| c.getMethod("checkSecurityManager", ...).getDeclaringClass() ==
SecurityManager.class.

That will accurately detect overloading.

With the fix for 8007035, this test will no longer be needed. I just posted the code review for 8007035 [1]. I'll send out a webrev with both fixes once 8007035 is reviewed.

Mandy
[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2013-March/015547.html