Bug description:
https://jbs.oracle.com/bugs/browse/JDK-8012453
http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=8012453

Here is the suggested trivial fix:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~uta/openjdk-webrevs/JDK-8012453/webrev.00/

Nevertheless we would like to minimize the impact for legacy Windows OS Java application. For application that works without the Security Manager, the "jdk.lang.Process.allowAmbigousCommands" Java property could be defined programmatically or by program switch [-Djdk.lang.Process.allowAmbigousCommands]. Definition of the property returns old verification procedure for program name and program arguments with full risk of security vulnerabilities.

For compatibility reason the case of quoted executable name in the Runtime.exec(String </j2se7/api/java/lang/String.html>) was supported. If the Security Manager is installed, it is called twice for this case: for space-based paring result and result of extended parsing procedure that takes quotation into account. We do not guaranty the backward compatibility for any call with quoted executable name, but in general it works.

Regards,
-uta