I think, sometimes it is better to violate those 2 rules because:
- modern wide-screens have much horizontal, but less vertical space, especially
on labtops
- line break for only one/few word(s) looks ugly, disturbs read-flow
- it's no problem, if e.g. 1 of 50 lines must be scrolled a little horizontally, but it's a big problem if I have to vertically scroll twice often, when too much lines are "wasted". Comparing and understanding code then becomes a nightmare.

Referring to your example, on the other hand, continuation lines should be indented 8 rather than 4 spaces to separate them from logical nesting. Especially your last line looks like less nested than the three before, which IMHO is a clear mistake.

-Ulf