Hi All,

Thanks for all your comments. Based on the previous feedback, I have moved to the other approach, i.e., to fail file operations if the invalid NUL characher is found in a file path. As you know, due to the compatibility issue, we cannot throw an exception immediately in the File constructors. So the failure is delayed and only shown up when any file operation is triggered.

As for FileInputStream, FileOutputStream, and RandomAccessFile classes, the FileNotFoundException will be thrown right away since their spec allow this exception happen in the constructors. Thanks for your review!

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dxu/8003992/webrev.01/

-Dan