On 05/06/2013 06:59 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
On 05/03/2013 01:08 AM, Dan Xu wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks for all your comments. Based on the previous feedback, I have
moved to the other approach, i.e., to fail file operations if the
invalid NUL characher is found in a file path. As you know, due to the
compatibility issue, we cannot throw an exception immediately in the
File constructors. So the failure is delayed and only shown up when any
file operation is triggered.

As for FileInputStream, FileOutputStream, and RandomAccessFile classes,
the FileNotFoundException will be thrown right away since their spec
allow this exception happen in the constructors. Thanks for your review!

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dxu/8003992/webrev.01/

I like this approach, thanks.

I think the additional parenthesis around the return expression and the ternary operator are not part of the usual coding standard.

Thank you for your good review. I will fix the format.

As for the possible scenario, NUL appearing at the end of a path, I will regard it as the same kind of invalidity as other embedded NUL cases since there are no obvious use cases for that. I will push the fix today. Thanks!

-Dan