On 26/05/2013 13:46, Doug Lea wrote:
On 05/26/13 08:08, Peter Levart wrote:
Clever idea. So your common TreeNode would extend LinkedHashMap.Entry.

Right. (Or renamings/refactorings of these).
And that begets other improvements in part by guaranteeing root
is first node of bin, so doesn't need TreeBins (which I cannot do in
CHM because links are pinned.) So far, I haven't gotten
this to the point of realistically comparing performance etc,
and wasn't going to post until I did, but then figured I'd
save you some effort.

Any objection if we move ahead with what Brent has now, at least as first step? There are are other follow-on changes, the removal of String hash32 field/method particular, that we are anxious to get in.

-Alan