On 5/28/13 3:09 AM, Doug Lea wrote:

To better enable and simplify future improvements, could you
do this -- nest the tree classes within HashMap?

Done.

Also, a note on spliterators: I had added these in the
least disruptive way (knowing that major changes were coming)
by checking exact class match for HashMap.class. This is because
there aren't LinkedHashMap view classes to attach overrides to.
While not wrong, and OK for now, at some point this should be redone.

OK.  I will file a bug so this doesn't get forgotten.

I also applied the change to how HashMap.putAll() resizes the table (to account for splitTreeBin() only handling doubling of tables).

The updated webrev is here:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bchristi/8005698/webrev.02/

Thanks,
-Brent