On 10/06/2013 20:59, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
On 6/10/13 9:04 PM, Mike Duigou wrote:
StubDelegateImpl.java::

- Could just call Objects.hashCode(ior);

RepIdDelegator::

- Could also call Objects.hashCode(delegate) as it extends nothing the super.equals(delegate) is calling Object.equals
Depends on whether you intend to backport the patch to jdk7.
I suspect that CORBA is like JAXP - in that it needs to be compiled with the
bootstrap JDK (if I remember well it's compiled before JAXP).
The corba repository is compiled with the boot JDK so it's not currently possible to use new language features or libraries. Hopefully in time this wart in the build can be sorted out, maybe by compiling it at the same time (there are circularly dependencies due to support for the IIOP transport in a few areas, plus other CORBA interop). So you are right that Objects couldn't be used if back-ported (although I wasn't planning to do that).

-Alan.