On 06/17/2013 10:06 AM, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
On 06/16/2013 11:44 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 13/06/2013 12:47, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
Friendly reminder for the reviewers.

On 06/10/2013 07:53 PM, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
This is the follow-up on the issue Doug identified:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2013-June/017798.html

I had reworked the patch, webrev is here:
    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~shade/8016236/webrev.01/
The current webrev is here:
    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~shade/8016236/webrev.02/

I'm just catching up on this thread, webrev.02 looks very good to me. I
can sponsor it.
Thanks! I'll appreciate this.

One comment on ClassRepositoryHolder is that it's "yet another class"
(we have a proliferation of holder classes since we started using this
idiom). It makes me wonder if it might be better to move the constant to
ClassRepository.
Ok, makes sense. I moved it to ClassRepository itself. Given we have the
ClassRepository field in Class, the static initialization will be
performed on the first class load. I have no problems having it public,
since it is protected enough from the external modifications.

Sorry, Aleksey, just a nit: In getInterfaces(), the method could be written using a single volatile read from ReflectionData.interfaces field instead of two (by introducing local variable).

Regards, Peter

The new webrev is here:
   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~shade/8016236/webrev.03/

Testing:
   - Linux/x86_64/release build OK
   - Linux/x86_64/release passes java/lang/reflect jtreg
   - microbenchmark scores are still intact

-Aleksey.