On 15.09.2013 11:15, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 14/09/2013 19:58, Ivan Gerasimov wrote:
:

Yes, done.

Would you please review the updated webrev?
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~igerasim/8023130/2/webrev/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Eigerasim/8023130/2/webrev/>
Thanks for the update, I think it's looks okay now. It is of course disappointing that we've had to resort to a shell script but for the scenario that is being tested then there weren't any alternatives proposed.

I decided to check whether this test really detects the failure, and run JPRT job with the new test but no fix included.
Unfortunately, the new test *does not* fail with unmodified jdk.
The same thing happens when the test is run with jtreg locally.
I believe it is so, because the tested program is run not directly from a console, and this is the condition for the bug to manifest itself.

So I have to exclude the test, as it really doesn't check anything new.
I'm going to add noreg label and write an instruction to the QA about how to test the fix manually.

What is good is that we don't need another shell-based test.

Here's the new webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~igerasim/8023130/3/webrev/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Eigerasim/8023130/3/webrev/>
Its only difference is that the shell script is excluded.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan

-Alan