> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coleenp/8025238/

src/share/vm/classfile/javaClasses.cpp
    1804   if (method == NULL) {
    1805     // leave name and fileName null
    1806 java_lang_StackTraceElement::set_lineNumber(element(), -1);
        Is it possible to set the name and fileName to something?
        A caller may not be expecting those to be NULL.

        Also, holder->method_with_idnum(method_id) should be able to
        search the previous class version list and find the obsolete
        Method* that matches the 'method_id' value.

src/share/vm/prims/jvmtiRedefineClasses.cpp
    Better comment than the original.

Dan