Hi Volker,

Thanks for the clarification. I have been able to ascertain that adding full debug symbols to rt.jar would grow the file by 12MB (uncompressed, probably much smaller after you run PACK200). The debugging symbols for native code probably cost a lot more than that.

Any idea on why rt.jar does not contain full debug symbols in the JDK? If I open a bug report for this, is anyone willing to push this through the system?

Thanks,
Gili