On 15 October 2013 20:35, Xueming Shen <xueming.s...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Please help codereview the changes for
>
> 8025971: Remove Time-Zone IDs HST/EST/MST

The method ZoneId.systemDefault() now does not match its specification:

/**
 * Gets the system default time-zone.
 * <p>
 * This queries {@link TimeZone#getDefault()} to find the default time-zone
 * and converts it to a {@code ZoneId}. If the system default
time-zone is changed,
 * then the result of this method will also change.
 *
 * @return the zone ID, not null
 * @throws DateTimeException if the converted zone ID has an invalid format
 * @throws ZoneRulesException if the converted zone region ID cannot be found
 */
 public static ZoneId systemDefault() {
   return ZoneId.of(TimeZone.getDefault().getID(), SHORT_IDS);
 }

This needs to be changed to:
 public static ZoneId systemDefault() {
   return TimeZone.getDefault().toZoneId();
 }

This fix is for a different issue - not the one described in the
8025971 bug report. I recommend opening a new issue. If you're not
going to fix 8025971 (which I think you should) then that needs to be
documented.

Stephen