On 12/14/13 6:38 PM, Peter Levart wrote:
Hi,

Daniel reminded me of a couple of issues the 4th revision of the patch
would have when backporting to 7u. So here's another variant that tries
to be more backport-friendly:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~plevart/jdk8-tl/jul.Handler.sealed/webrev.05/

This variant could be backported by simply replacing a limited variant
of doPrivileged (introduced in JDK 8) with full variant and still not
elevate the privilege of Socket creation in SocketHandler. I also
removed the need to subclass various ConfigureAction(s) with annonymous
inner subclasses by introducing overloaded constructors to
ConfigureActions(s) that follow the overloaded constructors of various
Handlers.

Regards, Peter

Hi Peter,

This looks good! Particularly since moving connect() out of
the doProvileged has removed the need for wrapping/unwrapping the
IOException.

best regards,

-- daniel