On 15/01/2014 16:42, Volker Simonis wrote:
Hi Alan,

thanks for the suggestion. That's fine for me. I've copied the empty SCTP stubs from the macosx to the aix directory as well and updated the make file accordingly (in the patch for "8031581: PPC64: Addons and fixes for AIX to pass the jdk regression tests").

Therefore, the changes to the three tests:

test/com/sun/nio/sctp/SctpChannel/Util.java
test/com/sun/nio/sctp/SctpMultiChannel/Util.java
test/com/sun/nio/sctp/SctpServerChannel/Util.java

can be considered obsolete.
Thanks, I think this makes the most sense.

I looked through the rest of this webrev and the update to the tests looks fine.

One general comment is that for many of these shell tests (that survive the current effort to replace them) is that we could move the Unix handling into the match any case so that we don't have to list each of Linux, SunOS, Darwin, ... I think this came up when the OS X port was brought in but there wasn't any follow-up on it. I am not suggesting you do this here, it's just a comment as I see same change to so many tests.

A minor comment on SBC.java is that it could just catch UnsupportedOperationException on L238, that would avoid needing to check os.name.

A really minor comment on the updates to ProblemList.txt is that the JMX test should probably be in the jdk_jmx section (it's just a convention that we've been using, it doesn't of course really matter where tests are listed).

-Alan