On 14/01/2014 16:57, Volker Simonis wrote:
Hi,

could you please review the following change:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~simonis/webrevs/8028537/

which, together with the changes from "8031581: PPC64: Addons and fixes for
AIX to pass the jdk regression tests" and "8031134 : PPC64: implement
printing on AIX" enables our our port to pass all but the following 7 jtreg
regression tests on AIX (compared to the Linux/x86_64 baseline from
www.java.net/download/jdk8/testresults/testresults.html‎):

I've finally got to this one. As the event translation issue is now a separate issue then I've ignored that part.

I'm not comfortable with the changes to FileDispatcherImpl.c as I don't think we shouldn't be calling into IO_ or NET_* functions here. I think I get the issue that you have on AIX (and assume it's the preClose/dup2 that blocks rather than close) but need a bit of time to suggest alternatives. It may be that it will require an AIX specific SocketDispatcher. Do you happen to know which tests fail due to this part?

The other changes look okay. There is a typo in the change to zip_util.c, s/legel/legal/.

In DatagramChannelImpl.c then you handle connect failing with EAFNOSUPPORT. I would be tempted to replace the comment to say that it EAFNOSUPPORT can be ignored on AIX. A minor comment but the indentation for rv = errno can be fixed (I see the BSD code has it wrong too).

-Alan.