On 13/02/2014 08:18, huizhe wang wrote:
Hi Alan, Lance, and Daniel,

The Xerces serialization revision meant to create a serialization form that would help maintain future serialization compatibility. But in reality it itself is causing significant incompatibility as Alan pointed out below and we discussed previously. I've removed the revision from the patch as a result.

Please see the new webrev here:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk9/8033980/webrev/
Thanks for dropping the serialization change as it was just not going to work the way you had intended.

I agree with Daniel's comment about all the new fields added to XMLGregorianCalendarImpl as it's not clear why they aren't transient.

I have not studied the rest of the changes but I think Daniel and Lance are.

-Alan