This fix is to "un-do" a previous changeset (8036848), in which it replaces the
use
of deprecated String.getBytes(int,int,byte[],int) method with String.getBytes()
(which uses the default platform default charset), therefor causes a behavioral
change. This one is to undo that change to go back to the "platform neutral"
behavior. String.getBytes(int,int,byte[],int) and String.getBytes(iso-8859-1)
are
functionally equivalent when encoding (from charset's decoding/encoding
perspective/term, it's "decoding" from base64's term) base64 alphabets.

-Sherman