On 01/12/2014 12:10, Jan Lahoda wrote:
Hi,

In a preparation for JDK-8061549, I'd like to rename all uses of '_' as a one-character identifier in the jaxp and jdk repositories. All the uses I was able to find are in tests, and the identifier is used as a name of a catch parameter. The proposed new name is "ignore", but if a different name would be more appropriate, I'll be happy to use it.

Webrev for the jaxp repository:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jlahoda/8065998/webrev.00/jaxp/

Webrev for the jdk repository:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jlahoda/8065998/webrev.00/jdk/

In JAXP test Bug4969089 then "ignore" looks a bit odd given that it's in a method declaration.

In TypeCheckMicroBenchmark then "ignore" is might be a misleading too given that the ArrayStoreException causes a CCE to be thrown.

-Alan