From: huizhe wang [mailto:huizhe.w...@oracle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 10:27 AM
To: Frank Yuan
Cc: 'Lance Andersen'; 'Core-Libs-Dev'; 'jibing chen'; 'Gustavo Galimberti';
sandeep.konch...@oracle.com; 'Alexandre (Shura) Iline'
Subject: Re: Review request for JDK-8051710: Convert JAXP function tests:
javax.xml.jaxp14.* to jtreg (testng) tests

Hi Frank,

Nice refactoring the original tests, esp. the TransformerTest!

jaxp14 is legacy in the jaxp standalone world. While we are at this, you may
want to move these tests to their relevant packages since in the JDK world,
jaxp14 is no longer relevant (jaxp 1.4 was integrated into JDK 6).  As
you've already split FactoryTest into various Factory tests, you may find
them a bit thin in terms of test coverage now that they are named
*FactoryTest since they cover just one of the two newInstance methods. I
would think it makes sense to move them into / combine with the Factory
tests of their own packages.

Thanks,
Joe