Hi Remi,

On 9/04/2015 4:10 PM, Rémi Forax wrote:
Hi David,
The problem is that j.l.i.MethodType.toString uses getSimpleName and j.l
i.WrongMethodTypeException uses MethodType.toString.

So if getSimpleName returns a blank string, you destroy the debuggability of
any invokedynamic/methodhandle calls.

Okay, so an alternative there is for MethodType.toString to not use getSimpleName :)

More seriously perhaps things like getSimpleName need to be re-specified to account for classes coming from other than Java source code? Even the INNERCLASSES_Attribute associates the name with Java source code: "original simple name of C, as given in the source code from which this class file was compiled". And what is a "simple name"? It should be the most basic name given to a class without any prefix that indicates an enclosing type or containing package - but if non-Java-language-names are allowed how can you recognize such a prefix?

Cheers,
David

regards,
Rémi